Our vision is to provide information at the shortest possible time to the users by Professional Librarians.
Our mission is to provide a first class 21st century Library and information services to the citizens of Lagos State, through Professional Librarians.
On 9th October, 1980 true meaning was given to the provision of Library and Information Services in the State, through the promulgation of Law No. 64, Vol.1 entitled “A Law to provide for the Establishment of the Lagos State Library Board and for matters connected therewith”.
Presently, there are twelve (12) libraries across the State and an additional two (2) newly acquired libraries to be renovated and commissioned this year.
The names and locations of the libraries are:
- Ikeja Secretariat Library
Oba Akinjobi Street, Old Secretariat, Ikeja
2. Herbert Macaulay Library
338, Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba
3. Ikorodu Divisional Library
T.O.S. Benson Road, Ikorodu
4. Tolu Public Library
Temidire Street, Tolu School Complex,
5. Isolo Public Library
Holy Saviour College Road, Off Osolo Way, Isolo
6. Epe Divisional Library
Recreation Field, Epe
7. Badagry Divisional Library
Marine Road, Badagry
8. Borno House Library,
Block 130, Jakande Estate, Amuwo-Odofin, Mile 2
9. Ipaja Public Library
No. 24, Akinogun Street, Shagari Estate, Pako Bus/Stop, Ipaja
10. Ilupeju Public Library,
No. 3, Ade Akinsanya Street, Opposite LSDPC, Ilupeju
11. Henry Carr Public Library
Behind Conoil Petrol Station, Cement B/Stop, Agege
12. Meiran Public Library, Meiran.
Two (2) new libraries are coming on board in Year 2016.
1. Ijede Public Library, Ikorodu
2. Mushin Public Library, Palm Avenue
The following libraries has been renovated:
1. Ikeja Secretariat Library, Old Secretariat, Ikeja
2. Herbert Macaulay Library, Yaba
3. Ikorodu Divisional Library, Ikorodu
4. Tolu Public Library, Ajegunle
5. Isolo Public Library, Isolo
6. Epe Divisional Library, Epe
7. Borno House Library, Mile 2
8. Ipaja Public Library, Ipaja
9. Henry Carr Public Library, Agege
10. Meiran Public Library, Meiran
Ilupeju Public Library has just been renovated and equipped with Computers by Custodian Insurance Company. Due to the renovation exercise, it was closed for few months but, it has since been re-opened on Tuesday 17th May, 2016.
The Board was also able to procure Children and Adult books including book shelves for the twelve libraries. The current staff strength in the Board is 58.